Tuesday 29 July 2014

[ARTICLE] COOL: Celebrities' Private Items | Top EDM Rock Band! MagicPower

After a long wait of one year and eight months, pre-orders for Magic Power's fourth original self-composed album《Fighting For Love》will start on 7/23 and will officially be released on 8/19, as they continue to electrify listeners with their reinforced electronic sound.『This new album is an album that we hope will convey the struggles that the six of us had, working together for our lives, dreams and love.』And to further enhance the EDM style of 《Fighting For Love》, the new album was specially sent to England to be mixed, having invited Pete Martin, the mixing engineer for the Black Eyed Peas & Sean Combs (P.Diddy), for 『everyone to feel that listening to the new album is as fun as playing video games or multi-player online games! 』So what exactly will the album sound like? As we eagerly await this new album,let's take a look at the equally exciting topic of the little objects that the six MP members like to use, first.


text_Victoria, photo_Orange

MP Vocalist Ting ting


#01. Super Strong Styling Gel
If you want a hairstyle that's 「full of swag」like Ting Ting's, a super strong holding styling gel is a must, but Ting Ting could probably use up this 100ml bottle of hair gel in one sitting.



#02. Antiperspirant
In this scorching weather, you'll be sweating all over even if you don't move, especially so for MP, who shook up the whole of Asia with their「Marksman Dance」and will be dancing to the new「Battle Dance」,『This is my secret weapon to stay clean and dry while I'm performing on stage.』



#03. JH AUDIO Earphones
It's very important for musicians to have an earpiece set that's specially suited for them, and almost everybody has a specially customised earpiece,『Usually, other than performing on stage, even when I'm just resting in the car, I'll still use this to listen to music.』




MP Bassist x Leader Kai kai


#01. Customised Phone Cover
The mobile phone is an important partner that never leaves the side of the modern man, so a phone cover should also reflect each person's lifestyle.『This is the studio's customised 3D printed phone cover, combining the latest technology with a collector's value.』The reason why Kai specially chose the round bear design, is because it's as…… cute as Kai kai^^.



#02. Gold Ion Beauty Bar
In order to present his best condition, Kai kai, who is often called fat,『will always use this pure gold ion beauty bar before going onstage to perform or to take pictures. Just by rolling it on my face twice, the effect is pretty good! 』To reiterate once again, Kai kai isn't fat, he just retains water easily! ಠ౪ಠ



#03. INDEPENDENT Watch
Even though this is a brand that MP endorses, this square shaped watch design was chosen by Kai kai himself. 『I especially like the huge surface area of the watch as well as the sense of weight that the stainless steel material gives me - wearing this watch gives me a sense of security.』




MP Vocalist Ga ga


#01. Gloves + Hand Moisturiser
Who's the weak one with icy cold limbs, wearing gloves in this hot weather?『It's 'cause my hands get really dry easily, that's why I have to apply moisturiser and wear gloves!』




#02. Masks
Being the vocalist in the band, you definitely have to specially protect your voice.『I have a lot of allergies, like when I enter & exit an air-conditioned room in summer, the drastic temperature change between outdoors and indoors will cause itchiness in my nose. Furthermore, we travel a lot to perform, and the air in the plane is drier, so I can't live without a mask』



#03. Earrings
Changing his earrings to suit his mood, or as the day goes by, is a kind of pleasure in life for Ga ga『I can wear different earrings in the morning, afternoon and at night.』In the midst of this tightly packed schedule of "Fighting For Love" autograph sessions, everyone should pay some attention to the tiny changes on Ga ga's ears.




MP Guitarist Leibao


#01. Polaroid (Camera)
『The greatest advantage of having a Polaroid camera is that when I meet friendly fans or friends and family who request for an autographed photo, I'll be able to give them one immediately with a press of the shutter button.』Wow, (you're) so sweet!(๑ • ‿ • ๑ )



#02. PS VITA
Leibao revealed that he really enjoys playing video games, and  will play video games in any free moment that he has.『But I don't really like using my phone to play games cause it'll be troublesome when the battery is flat, so I got a device that's specially for playing games (the PS VITA), to play to my heart's content.』



#03. UE Earphones
Told you that every musician has their own ear piece, right?『This is the most expensive earpiece I've ever had in my life. It has accompanied me through my performances on stage, and when I feel like listening to music, it allows me to hear good, crystal clear music.』




MP DJ Goo goo


#01. POLAROID & FUJIFILM Cameras
Goo goo mentioned that his photography skills are not exceptionally amazing, but『I just particularly like things that have a vintage feel to them.』For speed and convenience though, he still generally uses his phone to take pictures,『But if I'm going out, I'll definitely bring these two old friends along.』




#02. INSTANT LAB
Develop polaroid photographs from the pictures in your iPhone, and relive the glorious days of using film. 



#03. Mask
『This mask is really cool』When do you wear this?『During performances! (Laughs) Or when I'm afraid of being recognized on the mass rapid transit (MRT), I should be able to wear this too.』Eh? Are you sure?『No one will know who I am, they'll just think that I'm weird!』




MP Drummer Ah Xiang


#01. BVLGARI Perfume
Perfume is an item that people like to carry along with them, and is also able to reflect an aspect of their personality. This bottle of Eau de Toilette features the unique flavour of the Darjeeling Tea as it's "protagonist", and『is a flavour that I like, as it gives me a sense of calmness.』



#02. BEATS Headphones
『To listen to music!!!』XD… Simple and succinct.



#03. 2015 Future (Edition) Bottle
Whilst travelling around the world, the taste of Coca Cola will always be one that's safe and familiar.『We're very excited that because the single 〈Hou/Roar〉 from our album《Fighting For Love》was chosen as the main song for the Coca Cola 《2015 Future Edition Bottle》event, we were able to share about Coke and the "Share Happiness" Song with everyone to our heart's content.』






▲Composed by DJ Goo goo, Lyrics written by Vocalist Ting ting, 〈Hou/Roar〉 tells the story of a weak person, who has kept silent in his oppressive environment, but, after realising that he's had enough, decides to stand up to defend himself.

t/n: The translated lyrics to "Hou/Roar" can be found HERE. :)

Source: Cool Magazine Online
Translated by i-MPF 
TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS.

No comments:

Post a Comment